I wanted to take a minute to journal my thoughts about what I like and dislike about my current apartment complex and the one I'm considering moving to.
|stock photo of Albany Woods|
- Big. A lot of square feet for what I pay.
- Soft fluffy carpet
- Nice stainless steel appliances
- Within biking distance of library
- Within biking distance of Kroger grocery store
- Pool (that I've never used)
- Walking trail around the property, which I do use once a week or so
- 24hr fitness center that I use. It's not the nicest gym area in the world but it gets the job done
- Free parking
- Very quiet, like a nursing home almost.
- Quick maintenance reponse
stock photo of Albany Woods.
I would never own those bed sheets.
- Arguably ugly carpet
- Bugs. I've found stink bugs, spiders, flys and even a moth last night. I realize this is typical and I am not saying it's infested with bugs, I'm just extra grossed out by any kind of bug.
- Sometimes I heard my neighbor's dogs barking but usually it wasn't that often
- View of a parking lot. My window looks out on the parking lot which is nice for checking on my car but otherwise unattractive.
- Removed from Columbus. I find myself driving 20mins downtown when I want to go somewhere cool.
- Commute to work. Some days I hit traffic and that can make my commute time so unpredictable. 1 hour or 20mins?
- Neighbors and community members keep to themselves and are older generally
- Free Internet (a savings of $35 a month for me)
- Free Cable. 80 channels. I could watch MTV!!
- Grandview area. I've heard great things about this area.
- 24hr fitness center
- Closer to work
- Closer to downtown
- Lots of neat small businesses to check out
- More young people
- Kroger right across the street
- Unit would be inside, like a dorm, so hopefully less bugs sneaking in.
- Free parking
- Worst comes to worst, I can sublease my apartment out to someone else
- the dumpster and mailboxes nearby
- Bar, grill, and pizza place in the apartment community
- I've read some bad reviews online.
- Would still have a gas bill, electricity bill and utility bill
- The outside of the buildings look less nice
- Smaller unit than what I have now
- Could be loud. Could have loud neighbors. Maybe the walls are thin
- Expensive and arguably overpriced
- Could be more unsafe than the area I'm in now
- I heard online that people received huge utility bills after they moved out.