|Photo from Sally's Baking Addiction|
Easy + Delicious = Debbie's Favorite Recipes
I found this recipe on Pinterest for these delicious Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies, courtesy of Sallys Baking Addition blog.
I made it last Sunday and took the leftovers into my co-workers. They looked at the cookies strangely at first ("Why's it pink?") then once they smelled them, they were a hit. The cookies have a strong strawberry smell and are very berry soft. I would make this recipe again because of how simple it was. You can mix it all by hand and the ingredients are pretty common household items.
Makes 24 cookies.
- 1 box (18.25 oz) strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I just used like a half a bag)
|In the oven|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to form a dough
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely