I got the recipe from my Taste of Home Bakeshop Favorites book, but it's also available online here
In no way, shape or form did I invent this recipe. I'm not that advanced.
If I could make these muffins, again, I'd halve the recipe because it makes 2 dozen and that's too many muffins for one girl.
I'd also follow the instructions properly and not mix up teaspoons and tablespoons. Yup, I added 1 1/2 tablespoons of both vanilla extract and baking powder. I was pretty embarrassed when I realized my mistake. I thought "Huh, seems like a lot of baking powder." Well, because it was too much.
My muffins turned out fine but I'm sure I caused some unknown internal damage to the muffin batter.
|Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins Recipe photo by Taste of Home|
- 1 cup butter, softened (I used two whole butter sticks and microwaved it for 10-15 seconds)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (Again, I nuked mine in the microwave for 10 secs)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (Note to Deborah: teaspoon. Not tablespoon.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder (Note to Deborah: teaspoon. Not tablespoon.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (So I couldn't find frozen cranberries in Meijer. I used a can of liquidy cranberries. I also bought some frozen raspberries. The can of cranberries was fine. I didn't measure a full two cups. I just drained the can through a strainer and poured it in.)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (I love pecans. Favorite part of the recipe.)
DRIZZLE: (I didn't make the drizzle)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer)
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins.