These cookies were baked because Kroger had blueberries on sale.
I wanted to do something other than blueberry muffins so I found this recipe on Pinterest.
If I were to make these cookies again, I'd add more flour to make them less mushy. The dough was very wet and the cookies came out really moist, almost too much. I'm not sure if I added too many blueberries and that's why they came out so moist.
I brought them into work on Tuesday and people seemed to sort of like them. One co worker doesn't like any oatmeal cookies so she didn't try them.
|White Chocolate Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies|
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 -1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until blended.
- Add the vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
- Mix in oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Drop dough onto lightly greased baking sheets. I used wax paper and that worked.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.