Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I celebrated by creating these adorable cookie tacos for a surprise birthday party for one of Nate's friends.
|Colorful Cookie Tacos|
|This type of plate helped the tacos stay upright|
Food Coloring (green, yellow, red)
Coconut flakes (I used unsweetened)
- Using the food coloring, dye the coconut flakes a green (lettuce) or an orange-yellow color (cheese) I used shot glasses to stir the food coloring into the coconut flakes.
- Remove the top part of the Oreo and remove the inner frosting (My frosting disappeared into my mouth...)
- Carefully cut in half the Oreo cookie. Sometimes I just broke it apart and other times I used a knife in a sawing motion.
- Put the two half pieces together in your hand and add a spoonful of chocolate frosting
- Dip it into sprinkles and colored coconut toppings
After the first couple, I had a nice assembly line going and it wasn't too labor intensive.
|My work station|
I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to try to make it myself